All applications for any location are made centrally via this page. You do NOT need to choose a location. We will match your skills and dates to the most appropriate location.
Applications are open all year. The sooner you apply the better your chances. You can come in our Winter or in our Summer. You can apply for 6, 9 or 12 months.
Applications are processed every month (except January). Please ensure your application reaches us before the FIRST DAY OF EACH MONTH (Australian time)
That means we will accept applications and check the email box at 11.59 pm on
Feb 1, Mar 1, Apr 1, May 1, Jun 1, Jul 1, Aug 1, Sep 1, Oct 1, Nov 1, Dec 1
- Summer applications – September to April – Preferably by the May 1st deadline
- Winter applications – April to September – Preferably before the Dec 1st deadline
- The earlier you email us the more chance of success you will have.
- Expect to hear back from us by email on about the 10th day of each month
- Please state if you want to stay for 6, 9 or 12 months
- Please read the FAQ page in full before applying
How to Apply
First please read the Frequently Asked Questions completely before you apply.
Then send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and the word scholar in the title, e.g. “John Smith – scholar application”. This email address is managed by volunteers who usually open the mail once a week. If you have not heard a reply within ten days please contact us again and copy to Orienteering ACT office.
Currently our usual email address is experiencing difficulties. Please use coreen maynard (coreenandfrank2011 at hotmail.com) 21/12/2017
Attach to the email:
- A small photo (maximum 200kb)
- Your Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- A list of your coaching experience
- A list of your mapping experience
- Two referees – email and phone
- A brief letter outlining why you want the scholarship
- Your preferred dates (we prefer 6+ months but you can apply for 3, 6, 9 or 12 months)
- Your name / gender / date of birth / email / mobile phone / skype address
Please make sure you have read every question on the FAQ page before sending your email.